June 14, 2017

Bosch Dishwasher - A Review

bosch-dishwasher-review
Bosch Dishwasher
Last weekend, we had arranged an Iftar party at our home and I planned to cook a complete meal with variety of snacks, main course, desserts and beverages. But the thought of washing the utensils post party had really put me off. Even though I have a maid, but burdening her with huge piles of utensils, gave me jitters. Her tantrums plus the amount of water and detergents that will be used was also a big setback. It happens not only when I have guests but also on regular days. My day starts with making breakfast, cooking for snacks and lunch box for my kid, making lunch, evening snacks and dinner. I get upset seeing the number of utensils piling up in my sink and I feel sorry for the maid.

Just then my husband gave me the idea of having a dishwasher, that will not only make my life easy but my maid will also be able to do her job well without any supervision. We then started our search online and got this #EasyLifeWithDishwashers from Bosch. I was so excited just by seeing it and reading its features, that we planned to visit the nearest showroom the next day itself.


bosch-dishwasher-review
A BOSCH store in Whitefield
We were given a complete demo of its entire features and how it works. Watch this quick demo:



The Bosch dishwasher comes with two baskets which is designed in such a way that all types of utensils can fit in properly. It can hold all your pans, pots, pressure cookers, plates, glassware, etc. It also has a separate basket for keeping your cutlery.


bosch-dishwasher-review
the two basket and adjustable cutlery holder


bosch-dishwasher-review
the baskets loaded with utensils

It easily cleans up all types of masala and oil stains and greasy residue. You can set the temperature from 45 C to 70 C, depending how dirty your dishes are. You can just load everything, close the door and keep the setting as required, you can opt for intensive program for the badly greased ones and quick wash if it is less dirty.
bosch-dishwasher-review
The menu and timer options

bosch-dishwasher-review
The menu and timer options

We also need not pre rinse the utensils before placing it in the dishwasher. All we need to do is scrape the leftover and load it, wow how hassle free it is! Also, the utensils gets dried by itself, so you don't have to wipe it and can be placed as it is in your cabinet. 

Bosch recommends usage of dishwasher specific detergent, salt and rinse aid. Detergent is added to the compartment meant for detergent. Rinse aid is added for shine and for removing any water spots that remains after drying. For reducing the water hardness, salt is added to a compartment in the dishwasher. Alternatively, you can use just tablets alone but using all the three products is recommended.
bosch-dishwasher-review
Bosch recommended detergents, rinse aid, salt and tablet

bosch-dishwasher-review
Compartments for adding salt and rinse aid

The entire washing cycle takes approximately 2 hours, but you can opt for new Express Sparkle 65 C programme where washing and drying will be done within 60 minutes. Also, this does not take much water as compared to manual washing and is energy efficient. So, you need not worry on your water and electricity bills.

Pros:
  • Makes the utensils squeaky, shining clean and hygienic, as it washes with hot water upto 70 C killing 99.9% germs.
  • Dries the utensils as well, thus ready to put it back in your kitchen cabinet.
  • Consumes only 1 kW of energy for each wash, so no worries for electricity bills.
  • Consumes less water as compared to manual washing.
  • Different settings are available for wash, so depending whether the utensils needs heavy cleaning or mild, you can set the temperature and time.
  • Option for few utensils to wash, you can switch to half load option.
  • Child lock option for door is present.
  • In case of power cuts when the washing cycle is going on, the machine automatically resumes from where it left.
  • It also has got time-delay option from 1-24 hours, where you can set the time when you want to start the machine.
  • It’s noise free as there is no sound of utensils being washed.

I didn’t find any major cons except that it comes in size of a fully automatic washing machine and requires a space of 60 cm width, so you need to have a place in your kitchen before buying it. Secondly, we need to use only the recommended detergents, rinse aid and salt, any other detergents will not work. Also, we cannot load non stick, aluminium and copper utensils.

With so many pros, I have decided to buy one for myself, so that I can cook different variety of foods without having any tension of washing the utensils later. 

Bosch Dishwasher is available in all electronic stores. I highly recommend this product for everyday use as it is really worth the price.

I am blogging about my #EasyLifeWithDishwashers experience at BlogAdda in association with Bosch.

10 comments:

  1. Great overview! You definitely had that dishwasher loaded up - glad it works so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. I should by a dishwasher for my mom so this one could be a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very detailed review. I have never used one but incase i have to buy, this one looks like a decent choice.

    Kasturi
    https://goodlifenotes.wixsite.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good review to know about dishwashers in Indian scenario!
    www.mommyinme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. our family don't really use dishwashers. we're kinda old school you know washing the dishes by ourselves and we through our clean dishes in the dishwasher to just hold our dishes lol. I loved your review though. I need to start using the dish washer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a Bosch dishwasher that was there at home since my childhood and Bosch is my favorite ever! It has been broken now but served ua for many many years! It is a lifetime investment I would say! Even if I have cereals for breakfast I would have so many dishes to wash and only a dishwasher could save my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review. The dishwasher is really cool and it makes life a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post and your blog!
    Keep sharing with us. 🙂
    https://www.bloggertracks.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post and your blog!
    Keep sharing with us. 🙂
    https://www.bloggertracks.com

    ReplyDelete

The Foodie Delight

http://www.thefoodiedelight.com

The Foodie Delight is a food blog with Indian veg and non veg recipes. This blog is managed by me, Razina. I post easy and simple recipes from my kitchen which are supported by photos and step by step method. Learn these quick recipes and share your feed backs, as your feedback means a lot to me.... Also, if you liked the recipes, I would love if you share it too... all it requires is a simple click on the social media buttons above... Thank you!